Tuscumbia Man Arrested After Gunshots

By  | March 12, 2012 | Filed under: News

William Beane's son and wife embrace.

TUSCUMBIA – Police ended a 2-hour standoff when an officer Tasered Tuscumbia resident, William Beane, outside his house on Richton Street, near Northwest Shoals Community College. According to his wife, Beane, who has been out of work for nearly a year, started shooting his son’s .40-caliber Glock into the ground after an argument. Mrs. Beane told The Quad-Cities Daily, “He had been drinking since nine this morning, and I told him that I had had enough. I got in my car to leave for a while, and that’s when he started shooting.” She was emphatic that Beane never intended to hurt her or anyone else, but was instead looking to blow off steam.

Son and Wife Talk To The Quad-Cities Daily

“He’s been out of work for better than 8 months, his back is bad, he hasn’t gotten much help from worker’s comp, and he’s just depressed,” she said. “I really think he wanted the police to shoot him or something, just to put him out of his misery.”

Beane's house on Richton Avenue

Once Bean  started the intermittent firing of the pistol, neighbors heard the shots and called police. Officers from the Colbert County Sheriff’s Office,  Muscle Shoals and Sheffield Police assisted Tuscumbia. The neighborhood was cordoned off. Power was cut to Beane’s house after he went inside and refused to come out. Northwest Shoals Community College was placed on lockdown until the ‘all clear’ was given shortly after one o’clock.

Beane was taken to the Tuscumbia Police Department. Charges are pending while further information is assessed.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

One Response to Tuscumbia Man Arrested After Gunshots

  1. Pingback: More Charges Against Standoff Shooter | The Quad-Cities Daily

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Skip The Drive Service One Dynamic Staffing
306 Barbecue Champy's OTR Ichiban
Designers Graphics

The Quad-Cities Daily